A glimpse into our incredible journey
In business for over 40 years, Gemini has grown to become a multi-facility resourceful manufacturing & repair solutions provider. View our journey from 1978 to today.
The Company Was Founded
Gemini Machine Shop Management & Consultants Ltd. was founded by Herb Neitsch in a 1,500 square foot industrial condominium bay in Nisku, AB.
Acquired more manual equipment and grew into a 3,000 square foot industrial condominium bay.
Acquired even more manual equipment and grew into a second 3,000 square foot industrial condominium bay.
Acquired more equipment and grew into a third 3,000 square foot industrial condominium bay.
3 acres of land were acquired within the East Industrial section of Nisku.
New 15,000 sq. ft. facility
Gemini built a new 15,000 square foot facility and moved from the industrial condominium bay location. We also purchased a significant amount of new manual & CNC machining equipment.
New CNC Equipment
Gemini purchased new, state of the art, CNC turning & milling equipment.
New Welding Equipment
Gemini purchased new, state of the art, welding & fabrication equipment.
Gemini began a 30,000 square foot expansion and launched its internal ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
Further Equipment purchases
- Gemini purchased new, state of the art, line boring equipment.
- Gemini purchased new welding & fabrication equipment.
- Gemini obtained WCB COR certification.
CWB & ISO
- Gemini obtained CWB Welding certification.
- Gemini obtained ISO 9001 QMS certification.
- March – Gemini celebrates an exclusive agreement with China headquartered Kana Energy and SJ Petroleum as their authorized Canadian drilling rig, workover rig, and equipment service provider.
- November – The first rig is shipped from SJ Petroleum’s China based facility and received at Gemini Machine Works in Nisku, Alberta.
- December – Under the direction of Kana Energy, the first rig from SJ Petroleum is fitted to North-American standards by Gemini Machine Works, set up, and tested for use by Shell Canada.
McKinney Machine Acquisition
- January – Shell Canada receives the first completed rig package from the Gemini Machine Works, SJ Petroleum and Kana Energy partnership.
- July 31 – Gemini Machine Works acquires McKinney Machine, increasing Gemini’s product list and service capabilities.
A&M Machining Acquisition
Gemini Machine Works acquires A&M Machining to continue to expand its manufacturing equipment services and also continue to build team with key personnel.