A glimpse into our incredible journey to today
Gemini Machine Shop Management & Consultants Ltd. was founded by Herb Neitsch in a 1,500 square foot industrial condominium bay in Nisku, AB.
Acquired more manual equipment and grew into a 3,000 square foot industrial condominium bay.
Acquired more manual equipment and grew into a second 3,000 square foot industrial condominium bay.
Herb’s shares were acquired by his son, Chris.
Acquired more equipment and grew into a third 3,000 square foot industrial condominium bay.
3 acres of land were acquired within the East Industrial section of Nisku.
• Gemini built a new 15,000 square foot facility and moved from the industrial condominium bay location.
• Gemini purchased a significant amount of new manual & CNC machining equipment.
Chris sold his shares to Diversity Technologies Corp and became a shareholder of Diversity as well as a member of their executive leadership team. (Diversity became Gemini’s parent company).
Gemini purchased new, state of the art, CNC turning & milling equipment.
Gemini purchased new, state of the art, welding & fabrication equipment.
• Gemini began a 30,000 square foot expansion.
• Gemini launched its internal ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
• Gemini completed the 30,000 square foot expansion.
• Chris repurchased 100% of Gemini shares back from Diversity Technologies Corp.
• Gemini purchased new, state of the art, line boring equipment.
• Gemini purchased new welding & fabrication equipment.
• Gemini obtained WCB COR certification.
• Gemini obtained CWB Welding certification.
• Gemini obtained ISO 9001 QMS certification.
• March: Gemini celebrates an exclusive agreement with China headquartered Kana Energy and SJ Petroleum as their authorized Canadian drilling rig, workover rig, and equipment service provider.
• November - The first rig is shipped from SJ Petroleum’s China based facility and received at Gemini Machine Works in Nisku, Alberta.
• December – Under the direction of Kana Energy, the first rig from SJ Petroleum is fitted to North-American standards by Gemini Machine Works, set up, and tested for use by Shell Canada.
• January – Shell Canada receives the first completed rig package from the Gemini Machine Works, SJ Petroleum and Kana Energy partnership.
• July 31 – Gemini Machine Works acquires McKinney Machine, increasing Gemini's product list and service capabilities.